John Chambers is well known for being the former executive chairman as well as the CEO of Cisco Systems
John Chambers Biography and Net Worth
|Net worth||$1 billion|
|Full Name||John Thomas Chambers|
|Birth Date||August 23, 1949|
|Birth Place||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
John Chambers Early Life
Born in Cleveland, Ohio, he resided in Kanawha City, West Virginia with his family. At the age of 9, Chambers was diagnosed with dyslexia. He was given the help he needed and as a result he learned to cope with his issues.
Chambers earned a Bachelors degree in business. John Chambers also got a Juris Doctor degree from West Virginia University. John Chambers has a master of business administration in finance and management. He earned the master’s from Kelley School of Business, Indiana University. John Chambers was enrolled from 1967 to 1968 in School of Engineering at the Duke University.
John Chambers Career
After graduating with an MBA, Chambers started a career in technology sales. He worked at IBM for 7 years (1976-1983). After 7 years in 1983, he joined Wang Laboratories. In 1987, he was made the Vice President of US Operations. During his time at the company, Wang Laboratories’ profits decline drastically. After that, Chambers left Wang and decided to join Cisco.
Chambers was made CEO of Cisco in 1995. In 2006, he was also promoted to chairman of the board. After retiring as CEO in 2015, he retired from the board in 2017 and eventually retired from the company. Chambers owns honorary title of ‘Chairman Emeritus’ in the Cisco but holds no authority.
As of 2021, he became a member of board of directors of Quantum Metric. Quantum Metric is a software company which is based in Colorado Springs. He is also the chairman of the Board of Pensando. He also served in myCFO as the board of directors.
- 2012 – Bower Award Franklin Institute
- 2015 – The 100 Best Performing CEOs in the World (Harvard Business Review)
- 2016 – Edison Achievement Award
- 2018 – The College of Business and Economics, West Virginia University renamed: John Chambers College of Business and Economics
- Top 25 Most Powerful People (CNN)
- 100 Most Influential People (Time Magazine)
- Social Responsibility Award (U.S. State Department)
- Woodrow Wilson Award
John Chambers Books
- 2018 – Connecting the Dots: Lessons for Leadership in a Startup World co-author John, Hachette
- Achieving Meaningful Success – Unleash the Power of Me
- 2002 – John Chambers and The Cisco Way
- 2002 – The Eye of the Storm: How John Chambers steered Cisco through the technology collapse.
John Chambers Net Worth
Chambers was the CEO of Cisco for almost two decades. He is well known in business world for his management and leadership. John Chambers helped Cisco maintain its position in the industry and as a result of his successful career Chambers has been able to amass a net worth of 1 billion dollars.
John Chambers Features
|Hair color||Light Brown|